Juicer is an instrument used in separating juice from green leafy vegetables and other vegetables, fruits and herbs from the pulp. This process is known as juicing. Through the separation of juice from the pulp, juicer is able to concentrate the food’s nutrition naturally that are found in it. This allows the person’s body to easily absorb the nutrients from the food. With this tool, it becomes easier to ingest raw products.
Juicer comes in various kinds, including:
- Centrifugal Juicers
– This is the most usual type of juice extractor that can be found in different department stores. They are usually cylindrical and upright in shape. Its process of extracting the juice is by grating the vegetables and fruits into small pieces. Afterwards, with the use of sieve, it spins out the pulp in high speeds.
-convenient and performs faster
-has larger mouths
-it is easy to clean
-do not work well in extracting green leafy vegetables
– produces foam and speeds up the oxidation process
-not as good in extracting juices from pulp
- Masticating Juicers
– It uses a screw – type auger in grinding, crushing and chewing vegetables and fruits. It separates the extracts and juice from the pulp in a separate container.
-works better in extracting vegetables especially the green leafy one
– produces drier pulp that means more nutrients are extracted
– can last longer
– you can also make baby food, nut butters, pasta, fruit sorbet and ice cream in this kind of juicer
-it has smaller mouths so fruits and vegetables must be cut into smaller pieces
– takes much time in juicing
– requires time in cleaning due to its many parts
- Triturating juicers (twin gear)
– It is considered to be the best in the market. It has high-end gears in extracting juices. Due to its efficient juicing technique, the nutrients are effectively preserved. It has two screws that are interlocking that are used in grinding and chewing of extracted juice.
-considered to be as most efficient juice extractor that can bring up the maximum level of juice nutrients. This result to driest pulp or the nutrients are less wasted.
– This can also be used in making baby food, fruit sorbet, nut butters, sauces and pasta
-it has high costing because of its high quality
-it requires great force extracting juices from fruits and vegetables
-it is not as easy and as quick to use
- Wheatgrass Juicers
This is specifically intended for extracting wheatgrass.
- Citrus Juicer
As its name suggests, this juicer is mainly used in extracting citrus fruit juices like grapefruit, lemons, oranges and limes. This is not appropriate in making green juices. Thus, citrus fruits can also be extracted in triturating, centrifugal and masticating juicers.
Well I guess the above information will help you decide on which is the best juicer for you. If you are looking for juicer that is economically wise, better choose the Centrifugal juicer. If you want to make other things with your juicer, it is best to choose the Masticating Juicers and Triturating juicers. But if you have enough budgets to buy for a high quality juicer, you may prefer to choose the Triturating juicers. The best juicer depends on your preference.
I wrote some of reviews of the best juicer that are currently sold in the market, you can read more here